Dec 9, 2010

So at the entrance to my work we have a fish tank.  That fish tank REALLY sucked when I first started working here.  Mike, the resident fish expert fixed it and got new fish for it and it turns out those fish have had babies!  The first set were "born" about two months ago.  The second set were born about two weeks ago!  I don't know if you've ever seen a baby fish - I had not, the first set of fish are now about the size of a penny in length.  The ones that were just born are so so so cute!  They are about the size of the tip of a sharpened pencil!  But they hide so they don't get eaten, but I found some - I believe there are three.  I'll put some pictures up tonight when I get home.  When I get bored at work - I go look for them in the tank and Mike tells me all sorts of facts about fish which really are pretty amazing.  


Rest in Peace Fuzzy!

3 comments:

  1. wait did fuzzy die??? when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a baby fish is called a fry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuzzy is not dead! Although, I have not been back to the natural habitat (ie the pond at the park by walmart) where he was released to check on his alive state. He was too big for any aquarium I was capable of taking care of. So he is now living in a more "natural" habitat.

    ReplyDelete