Jun 13, 2011

Would you like to hear about my weekend?  Because I would like to tell you.

Thursday I was in a state of panic all day long because I was going to have to cancel our engagement photo shoot on Saturday because I was not, in fact, engaged.  Seriously - a panic attack.  [Side note: Zeb had purchased a beautiful ring for me a month ago (A MONTH PEOPLE!!!) and each time he called they said it was not ready.  Now mind you, when we purchased the ring they told us we would have it around 2 -3 weeks.  I'm not a patient person and 2-3 weeks sounded like torture. ]  So Thursday after I worked both my jobs (not well mind you due to the stress) I called him while driving home and he said he didn't feel like cooking and wanted to go out to eat.  I asked him what he was in the mood for and he said curry.

So I got home and we left for India Palace.  Being Thursday at approximately 8:45 - 8:50 PM there were not many people there and we were seated by ourselves in a side corner of the restaurant.  After some people watching out the window and our drinks being filled every 1.5 minutes (We were at India Palace - where our first date was 366 days earlier) Zeb started telling me so many wonderful things about how he loved me and how special I was to him.  Then he told me he had something for me and pulled out a little black box.  He came over to my side of the table and knelt down on one knee and asked if I would marry him.  I told him yes, of course.  I didn't cry.  Its times likes these I wish I was a crier.... but I'm not, sorry people.  Then I didn't want to eat any more cause I was so excited so we packed up all our food and came home to call our families. 

The ring is beautiful!  It's so hard to take a decent picture of something so shinny so you'll just have to find me to see it in person.

ps:  After seeing this picture I promptly went out and bought some hair color - it is 100x better now.  I can't believe he had to propose to someone who is a hairdresser with such a disastrous hair color!  Poor guy

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! When/where is everything? Ceremony, receptions, parties, showers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please let me know! sounds like I need to schedule a trip! :) (sounds like you were a little busy this weekend anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lisa! I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete