Sep 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Micah


This past weekend I flew home to Oregon to visit with family and celebrate both my niece and nephew's birthday.  Kaitlyn turned 2 earlier this week and I was able to stop by and give her a little somethin' somethin'.  



I was unsure about the gift I got her, but when she ripped off the paper she said "OH, It's Dora!" so I think it will be a hit ;)  Then we played with Noah's Ark and Mr (or maybe Mrs.) Potato Head.  Later that day we baby sat a very sick Micah.  He wasn't acting too sick - until he finally crashed on grandma for a 2 hour nap.



Then on Friday was Micah's 1st birthday party.  Boy is he the cutest little boy there ever was!  I had the fun task of playing with the kids while the set up was taking place.













Melissa and Kelly did such and amazing job on the party and the decorations and everything was just perfect!  What a wonderful day.  The theme was "Surfer Dude"and I was so impressed at how well everything tied in together and all the time and effort that went into it!




They made a high chair into a lifeguard station!




Taken a little before the food made it's appearance....oops!










seriously... don't you love this cake!!  Also - it was delicious










All I can say is AMAZING!  I wish I had more to do with the planning but I can't take a penny of credit - but way to go to everyone who helped!





That's right... complete with shark cut-out for pictures!

The amazing Melissa!  (and her BFF whose name I can't remember.... sorry!)


swimming despite the high fever, what a champ!  and gracious birthday boy!


This girl has a love of grandma like you wouldn't believe!






 Such a fun weekend!  I was so glad I was able to go out there and spend some quality time with my family.  I can't wait to see them again over Thanksgiving!  (PS - Scott: We missed you!  PS- Zeb: I missed you too - even though I was having the time of my life!)

PS: Everyone else, if you want more pictures (believe it or not I didn't put them all up on the blog, I can email them to you :)




No comments:

Post a Comment