Apr 14, 2011

Last night I was feeling a bit discouraged because, not weighing myself anymore, I don't know if all my hard work of rising at 6 am for workouts and finding time for dreaded cardio is paying off.  Basically, I don't know how much I weigh.  I remembered how my counselor wants me to find victories in other things besides the number on the scale so I started to think of other ways I could measure my success.  I actually found some!

1.  I lift weights 2x a week with a trainer and do cardio 3 times a week. That's hitting the gym 5 times a week!  - Victory?  I think so.

2. My face is looking kinda funny..... my cheeks are thinning out I believe.

3.  My muffin top is shrinking (aka - my pants fit better)

4.  My pants are loose in the thigh area.

5.  My cardio endurance is growing.  I did 30 minutes the other day and it didn't drag on forever and ever like it sometimes does.

So there you have it.  Even though I may not know my weight and therefore I can't feel good (or in reality - bad) about myself because of the number.  I think I'm doing ok.  In fact - sometimes I even feel like I'm loosing weight.  (Last time I lost around 25 pounds I felt like I was getting heavier the whole time - weird brain, I know)  So I'll keep going no matter how tired it makes me.  Or if I have proof it's paying off or not.  No matter what the number is doing - it's still good for my health!

No comments:

Post a Comment