Last night I was feeling a bit discouraged because, not weighing myself anymore, I don't know if all my hard work of rising at 6 am for workouts and finding time for dreaded cardio is paying off. Basically, I don't know how much I weigh. I remembered how my counselor wants me to find victories in other things besides the number on the scale so I started to think of other ways I could measure my success. I actually found some!
1. I lift weights 2x a week with a trainer and do cardio 3 times a week. That's hitting the gym 5 times a week! - Victory? I think so.
2. My face is looking kinda funny..... my cheeks are thinning out I believe.
3. My muffin top is shrinking (aka - my pants fit better)
4. My pants are loose in the thigh area.
5. My cardio endurance is growing. I did 30 minutes the other day and it didn't drag on forever and ever like it sometimes does.
So there you have it. Even though I may not know my weight and therefore I can't feel good (or in reality - bad) about myself because of the number. I think I'm doing ok. In fact - sometimes I even feel like I'm loosing weight. (Last time I lost around 25 pounds I felt like I was getting heavier the whole time - weird brain, I know) So I'll keep going no matter how tired it makes me. Or if I have proof it's paying off or not. No matter what the number is doing - it's still good for my health!