Mar 15, 2012

I have discovered something deep and scary about myself which I am bound and determined to improve upon:

I have a hard time being happy for other people.

I have no idea why this is!  And it's not all the time, just sometimes.  Other people's good fortune does not mean I have bad fortune.  Others successes and happy moments should be shared and met with excitement and joy and praise!

If I can learn to be happy when others are happy for the simple reason that what ever is happening is in fact a joy for them; the amount of joy found in my life would be instantly quadrupled!  Instead of looking for things that bring happiness and joy to me, I could find happiness and joy all around me and celebrations would be much more often than holidays.

I see where I want to be, and the outcome of good it would have in my life.  I've seen other people who just can't seem to be happy for others successes and I don't want to live like that, or be that person.  I want to be the person that other people want to share their good news with because they know I will be truly and genuinely as happy as they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment