May 25, 2012

I hope you dance

I remember once I got a letter in the mail from my dad....  It was a card that said "I hope things for you will soon be ducky, because I know right now they are sucky."  In the letter he wrote down wise advice to my sad soul.  He encouraged me to take the time I had being single to learn to be happy and truly enjoy myself.  He assured me marriage would come, and while he hoped it would be everything I hoped it would be, there would be hard time and that I needed to know how to be happy by myself in order to find happiness with someone else.  Then he gave me advice on how to be happy.  1. Service. 2. Dance by myself when I'm home alone.  

This turned out be the best advice I've ever received.  Have you ever closed the blinds, turned up the music to your favorite song, and let the music fill your soul?  I have.  It always, instantly brightens my mood.

Today I danced to this song:


Come on, you know you want to.  I promise no one is watching ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment