Feb 27, 2014

Privacy

I haven't been around much lately.  Truthfully I don't have much to say :)  But I am writing a blog still, it's just a private blog.  This year my new years resolution was to write my life history.  I decided to do it on a private blog because I know there are services that can print you blog into a book for you and that seemed like the easiest option.  I've been reading through old journals and scrapping my memory for evens that really mattered in my life and have stuck with me.

Now don't get too excited - you don't get to read it!  Maybe once I'm dead and gone someday....... But I might share bits and pieces of it with you if I feel they are compelling and aren't too embarrassing!  Here's how it starts though:



In the words of my parents:

"On April 20, 1984 Lisa raced into the world and into our lives.  She has always been on the go, just the way she started life.  Lisa was anxious to get here so the labor moved much quicker than expected and we ended up racing across Salt Lake, running red lights and darting between traffic to get to the hospital.  In the great hurry, Reed even forgot where the hospital was.  Finally there at the hospital, we raced through the hallways and minutes later she was laying in our arms gently crying as a new born baby."

I don't remember much of my childhood.  It's not that I've blocked it our per say, I've just taken living in the moment to a whole new level.  This year my new years resolution was to write my life history up to this point (2014) so I could take a hard look at the things that have helped shape and mold me into the woman I am today.  I'm pretty proud of who I am, and I don't want to forget the events that helped get me there.  Now back to my parents side of the story:

"Since then Lisa has always been moving, dancing , talking or making things better.  From the first twirl in her Dad's arms Lisa has been in love with dancing.  She would ask her dad over and over again to dance with her.  Swing dancing or waltzing she spent most of her time in the air.  When he wore out she started taking lessons, only now with her feet firmly on the ground.  Her wonderful rhythm and sense of grace were always evident and she shone in the many dance recitals we attended.  Often she was selected to be the focal point of the dance group and frequently in the audience we would hear comments of how cute she was.  All the early dance experiences helped prepare Lisa for her High School passion, the dance team.  She was especially excited when all the dads were invited to dance with their daughters at a High School football game.  I'm sure it won't be the last time she and her dad dance together."

I'm grateful that my parents wrote down these memories.  This excerpt is from my young women's "high school" graduation party before leaving for my first year of College in utah.  So I have some stories to tell to catch you up to speed.

Lets get started....

No comments:

Post a Comment